Manufacturer Auto Spare Parts Car Suspension parts Electrical parts Body parts Engine parts and Accessories for CHINAMFG Vios Yaris Corolla Fortuner Hilux CHINAMFG Hiace LandCruiser Coster 4Runner Highlander Camryetc.571160070,57110K080,571OK012,GUT12,GU1000,GUT12,GUT10,GUT13,GUT20,GUT25,GUT29,GUT30,GUMZ2,GUMZ3,GUMZ4
A Universal joint, U-joint, Cross joint, or Cardan joint, is a joint or coupling in a rigid rod that allows the rod to ‘bend’ in any direction, and is commonly used in shafts that transmit rotary motion, is used for transmission systems of cars, buses, trucks, and tractors.
|Snap Rings:4pcs,Grease Nipples:1pcs.
|place of Origin
|RuiAn WenZhou ZheJiang
Product: Universal Joint.
Brand: LR or OEM service.
Packing: Plastic bag, color/white box, carton, wood pallet.
Sample policy: Free sample, freight collect.
1>it is FOB HangZhou price . (also can send free to HangZhou HangZhou /ning bo ZheJiang and so on. warehouse .)
2>the material is 20cr good material , must not any complain from your customers. (also have 20Mn . 20cr Mn Ti )
3>our delivery time is 40days (with 20Gp container ) . very in time .
4> Can develop according to customer’s drawings or samples
5> OEM is available
6> Full range for the universal joint
7> Good quality and resonable price
Packaging & Shipping
the packing . Standard netural packing with carton.
Delivery detail: 30-45 working days,depend on the actual produce condition.
HangZhou Chuangbang Locomotive Parts Co., Ltd. is a manufacturer of cross shaft and three-pronged universal joint. The company now has mature production technology, testing equipment and set up R & D, mold development center, quality inspection, sales and other departments, greatly improving the productivity and product quality stability. After years of efforts, the company’s product quality and technology in the forefront of the domestic, and with its intimate after-sales service to win the trust of customers, but also won a good reputation for themselves. After years of hard work and struggle, the company has expanded its business to overseas markets, and has established mutually winning cooperative relations with customers in other foreign markets. As the company name indicates, we are running, innovating, we have been running, constantly innovating! But every time we run, the reason for innovation is because of you!If you need know us, please visit our website.
Q1: What is the location of your company?
A1: Our company is located in the TangXia (RuiAn) City ,ZHangZhoug province,China.Welcome to visit our factory at anytime!
Q2: How does your factory do regarding quality control?
A2: Our standard QC system to control quality(TS16949 2016).
Q3: What is your delivery time?
A3: Usually within 30-40 days after the receipt of payment.Delivery time must depend on the actual produce condition.
Q4: What are your strengths?
A4: 1.We are the manufacturer,having competitive advantage in price.
2.A large part of money is put into advancing CNC equipments and product
R&D department annual,the performance of universal joint can be guaranteed.
3.About quality issues or follow-up after-sales service,we report directly to the boss.
How do you calculate the torque capacity of a universal joint?
Calculating the torque capacity of a universal joint involves considering various factors such as the joint’s design, material properties, and operating conditions. Here’s a detailed explanation:
The torque capacity of a universal joint is determined by several key parameters:
- Maximum Allowable Angle: The maximum allowable angle, often referred to as the “operating angle,” is the maximum angle at which the universal joint can operate without compromising its performance and integrity. It is typically specified by the manufacturer and depends on the joint’s design and construction.
- Design Factor: The design factor accounts for safety margins and variations in load conditions. It is a dimensionless factor typically ranging from 1.5 to 2.0, and it is multiplied by the calculated torque to ensure the joint can handle occasional peak loads or unexpected variations.
- Material Properties: The material properties of the universal joint’s components, such as the yokes, cross, and bearings, play a crucial role in determining its torque capacity. Factors such as the yield strength, ultimate tensile strength, and fatigue strength of the materials are considered in the calculations.
- Equivalent Torque: The equivalent torque is the torque value that represents the combined effect of the applied torque and the misalignment angle. It is calculated by multiplying the applied torque by a factor that accounts for the misalignment angle and the joint’s design characteristics. This factor is often provided in manufacturer specifications or can be determined through empirical testing.
- Torque Calculation: To calculate the torque capacity of a universal joint, the following formula can be used:
Torque Capacity = (Equivalent Torque × Design Factor) / Safety Factor
The safety factor is an additional multiplier applied to ensure a conservative and reliable design. The value of the safety factor depends on the specific application and industry standards but is typically in the range of 1.5 to 2.0.
It is important to note that calculating the torque capacity of a universal joint involves complex engineering considerations, and it is recommended to consult manufacturer specifications, guidelines, or engineering experts with experience in universal joint design for accurate and reliable calculations.
In summary, the torque capacity of a universal joint is calculated by considering the maximum allowable angle, applying a design factor, accounting for material properties, determining the equivalent torque, and applying a safety factor. Proper torque capacity calculations ensure that the universal joint can reliably handle the expected loads and misalignments in its intended application.
What is the lifespan of a typical universal joint?
The lifespan of a typical universal joint can vary depending on several factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
The lifespan of a universal joint depends on various factors, including the quality of the joint, operating conditions, maintenance practices, and the specific application. While it is challenging to provide an exact lifespan, considering the following factors can help estimate the longevity of a universal joint:
- Quality and Materials: The quality of the universal joint and the materials used in its construction play a significant role in determining its lifespan. High-quality joints made from durable materials, such as alloy steels or stainless steels, tend to have longer lifespans compared to lower-quality or less robust joints made from inferior materials.
- Operating Conditions: The operating conditions in which the universal joint is used can significantly impact its lifespan. Factors such as torque levels, rotational speed, angular misalignment, vibration, temperature, and exposure to contaminants can all affect the joint’s performance and longevity. Operating the joint within its specified limits, avoiding excessive or extreme conditions, and providing proper maintenance can help extend its lifespan.
- Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance is essential for maximizing the lifespan of a universal joint. Proper lubrication, periodic inspection for wear or damage, and timely replacement of worn components can help prevent premature failure. Adhering to the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and guidelines is crucial to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
- Application Requirements: The specific application requirements and demands placed on the universal joint influence its lifespan. Heavy-duty applications with high torque, frequent load fluctuations, or extreme operating conditions may result in increased stress and wear on the joint, potentially shortening its lifespan. Selecting a universal joint that is specifically designed and rated for the application’s requirements can help ensure a longer lifespan.
Given these factors, it is challenging to provide a precise lifespan for a typical universal joint. In some applications with proper maintenance and suitable operating conditions, a universal joint can last for several years. However, in demanding or harsh operating environments, or if subjected to excessive loads or misalignment, the lifespan of the joint may be shorter, requiring more frequent replacements.
It’s important to consult the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for the specific universal joint being used, as they can provide more accurate information regarding its expected lifespan under different operating conditions. Additionally, monitoring the joint’s performance, conducting regular inspections, and addressing any signs of wear or deterioration can help identify the need for replacement and ensure safe and reliable operation.
Are there different types of universal joints available?
Yes, there are different types of universal joints available to suit various applications and requirements. Let’s explore some of the commonly used types:
- Single Joint (Cardan Joint): The single joint, also known as a Cardan joint, is the most basic and widely used type of universal joint. It consists of two yokes connected by a cross-shaped center piece. The yokes are typically 90 degrees out of phase with each other, allowing for angular displacement and misalignment between shafts. Single joints are commonly used in automotive drivelines and industrial applications.
- Double Joint: A double joint, also referred to as a double Cardan joint or a constant velocity joint, is an advanced version of the single joint. It consists of two single joints connected in series with an intermediate shaft in between. The use of two joints in series helps to cancel out the velocity fluctuations and reduce vibration caused by the single joint. Double joints are commonly used in automotive applications, especially in front-wheel-drive vehicles, to provide constant velocity power transmission.
- Tracta Joint: The Tracta joint, also known as a tripod joint or a three-roller joint, is a specialized type of universal joint. It consists of three rollers or balls mounted on a spider-shaped center piece. The rollers are housed in a three-lobed cup, allowing for flexibility and articulation. Tracta joints are commonly used in automotive applications, particularly in front-wheel-drive systems, to accommodate high-speed rotation and transmit torque smoothly.
- Rzeppa Joint: The Rzeppa joint is another type of constant velocity joint commonly used in automotive applications. It features six balls positioned in grooves on a central sphere. The balls are held in place by an outer housing with an inner race. Rzeppa joints provide smooth power transmission and reduced vibration, making them suitable for applications where constant velocity is required, such as drive axles in vehicles.
- Thompson Coupling: The Thompson coupling, also known as a tripodal joint, is a specialized type of universal joint. It consists of three interconnected rods with spherical ends. The arrangement allows for flexibility and misalignment compensation. Thompson couplings are often used in applications where high torque transmission is required, such as industrial machinery and power transmission systems.
These are just a few examples of the different types of universal joints available. Each type has its own advantages and is suitable for specific applications based on factors such as torque requirements, speed, angular displacement, and vibration reduction. The selection of the appropriate type of universal joint depends on the specific needs of the application.
editor by CX 2023-11-08